Vice President, Marketing Filled
Current as of: February 15, 2019
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING
The Vice President, Marketing will be the driving force to develop, execute and lead the communications and marketing vision and strategy for this internationally-renowned Edmonton client. Responsible for driving market excellence and continued growth and enhancement of the organization’s brand awareness, the ideal candidate will possess 10+ years of senior management/executive experience and a background working with multi-national mass media and entertainment conglomerates.
The role will oversee, develop and execute the well-defined, comprehensive marketing vision of the organization, combined with oversight of the internal marketing team, and all functions to ensure increased sales, growth, profitability, and visibility of the organization’s products, events and services.
- The creation, coordination and management of the execution of all marketing strategies, with implementation of tactical plans to ensure the organization is continued to be seen as a leader, innovator and influencer in their industry.
- Local, national and international media campaigns, sponsorship, and business partnerships will be developed and targeted for increased brand awareness and buy-in within targeted, specific demographic segments.
- Analysis and evaluation of current and proposed marketing activities, events, and programs thus ensuring effective, timely, and efficient execution of the marketing programs.
- Integrating new and innovative marketing related technologies and enhancements to maximize operational performance of programs while ensuring that targets are achieved or exceeded within budget parameters.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and oversight of the marketing staff, including professionals in various areas connected with the marketing department (i.e. graphics, events, PR, etc.).
- Conducting business and campaign presentations, as well as public speaking opportunities. The VP, Marketing will be a media and on-camera representative for the organization and will ensure to represent the company’s presence and public image in the ‘best light’ at all times.
- Provide the oversight and management of all promotions and media buying in conjunction with various stakeholders for numerous functions and partnerships.
- Highly effective interpersonal/communications skills;
- Strong planning and problem-solving abilities with a commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker;
- An innovator with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output;
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists;
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers;
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-changing environment and anticipate future needs;
- A creative and self-driven marketing professional with the ability to lead various teams, projects and manage multiple simultaneous priorities; and
- Excellent and persuasive communicator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of experience in an Executive or Senior Management marketing role with large, multi-faceted, evolving and high-profile organization(s).
- Completion of a degree in marketing, commerce or a related discipline from a respected post-secondary institution.
- Working knowledge of the marketing needs associated with entertainment, retail, tourism or shopping centre would be an asset.
- Previous successful brand development and interactive marketing strategy experience with a strong knowledge of various social media platforms, integration campaigns and strategy development is required.
- An established professional and respected member of the marketing community with strong business relationships, connections and industry contacts.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with experience in media buying and a high level of comfort with acting as a public spokesperson are required.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca