Sales and Business Director
Current as of: March 25, 2019
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
SALES AND BUSINESS DIRECTOR
We have an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and well-connected Sales and Business Director with a background in paintless dent repair (PDR). If you are well connected within the body shop and insurance sector, we want to talk with you! This role is located in Calgary, Alberta but, for the right person, could be based anywhere in Canada. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record growing a business and enjoy both hunting and farming both small and major accounts.
Catastrophe Solutions International is an innovation-focused company dedicated to improving transparency and efficiency in damage assessment and repair and claims processes for insurance carriers and car owners.
To learn more, visit their website at: http://www.getcsi.com/
The Sales & Business Development Director is responsible for identifying customer opportunities as well as the appropriate person/ peoples in the targeted opportunity that CSI can work with to develop best in class solutions and process with an intention of developing true partnership/ relationships.
Increasing revenue and overall market penetration through successful account development in i.e. insurance companies, body shops, dealerships, auctions, rental car agencies. This position will report to the Chief Development Officer – CDO.
The position requires regular and at times extended travel throughout Canada as well as occasional travel to the US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify and develop business opportunities that are created due to Hail damage to automobiles.
- Grow market share and increase CSI opportunities to generate revenue with insurance companies, body shops, dealerships, fleets, and rental car agencies.
- Maintain or establish solid business relationships, develop them into partnerships on behalf of CSI with all potential customers.
- Develop new customer opportunities with body shops that will provide CSI with good partners for future hail events.
- Drive business results by using strategic selling skills, by knowing the market and developing process and solutions that are best in class for targeted customers.
- Having the insight and ability to negotiate a business deal that creates a win-win for the customer and for CSI.
- Support other CSI managers in their assigned territory by soliciting and securing new accounts that have an impact on both national and regional level.
- Develop and implement 30-60-90-day plans for prospecting and selling into targeted accounts.
Customer & Internal Relationships
- Play a key role in growing existing accounts and building relationships with key personnel in targeted accounts.
- Write target-account plans for all prospective accounts, maintain client histories and participate in client familiarization visits.
- Proactively identify customer needs and or problems and work with the team to find solutions.
- Maintain a complete client history of all operated programs (both active and past) and review with client and management quarterly or as necessary.
- Stay informed of current competitive activity and sharing this information with peers.
- Ensure that all sales and marketing tools and programs are actively promoted internally and externally.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of agreements and supporting the field execution.
- Represent CSI at trade association meetings, client seminars, conventions, etc.
- Contribute and work to improve monthly sales activity and KPI reports, help to maintain, and distribute internally and externally.
- Learn and use CSI’s various software tools.
- Support and adhere to Company policies and procedures and uphold CSI’s ethical standards and commitment to operating with the highest integrity.
- Strong history of proven sales skills and network of relationships that will contribute to growth of CSI presence with Insurance Carriers, Dealerships, Body Shop Groups, Fleet and Rental.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with customers, their employees, CSI contractors and co-workers.
- Outstanding networking, selling, organizational skills, and responsiveness required.
- Proven ability to increase revenue in existing accounts and to successfully sell into new accounts is necessary.
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods when necessary.
- Automotive industry network of actionable relationships, as well as knowledge of the workings of the auto space.
- Credible and persuasive communicator and an active listener. Excellent presentation skills.
- A proficiency in computer skills, i.e. excel, word, and automotive estimating platforms is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English and French) a plus.