Current as of: August 17, 2018
Location/City: Red Deer
Region: Red Deer
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
We have a unique opportunity for an Optometrist to join a well-established optical clinic in Red Deer, Alberta. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience working as a licensed Optometrist and a background in treating eye-related disorders and conditions. You should be a Member of the Alberta College of Optometrist and have your Professional Corporation incorporated. This opportunity has huge potential and upside as you will be able to buy into the business after one year and get rewarded for growing the business. Consumer’s Optical is located at the Bower Place Shopping Centre and has a dispensary next door. Bower Place Shopping Centre is undergoing some exciting renovations and is anchored by some great tenants.
Consumer’s Optical is a locally owned and operated company which was established in 1985. Their staff consists of licensed opticians and optical consultants that are dedicated to providing the best personalized and professional service to their clients. They have state-of-the-art equipment, three exam rooms, and an optical lab in their shop which allows them to be able to create lenses entirely in-house and deliver the latest trends in eye health, products and medications to enhance eyesight and overall health.
- Engage patients in conversation to determine their vision problems.
- Take and record patients’ histories to understand what may have led to eye diseases or disorders.
- Examine patients’ eyes using observation, instruments, equipment and pharmaceutical agents.
- Determine visual acuity and perception to diagnose diseases and abnormalities.
- Maintain knowledge of eye diseases such as color blindness and glaucoma.
- Perform tests on patients by operating eye testing equipment.
- Analyze test results to determine cause and nature of eye disease.
- Prepare and start treatment plans to counter eye problems and diseases.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plans, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and long-term medical management, in patients’ charts.
- Prescribe and fit vision aids such as contact lenses and eyeglasses.
- Provide any necessary low-vision rehabilitation and vision therapy to improve visual issues.
- Prescribe therapeutic or corrective procedures such as eye exercises and patching for patients with strabismus or lazy eye.
- Educate patients on the use and care of eyes such as visual hygiene and contact lenses care.
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists or other healthcare professionals if eye problems are beyond scope of practice.
- Doctor of Optometry Degree.
- Member of the Alberta College of Optometrists (ACO) or eligible to become a Member if you are outside the Province of Alberta.
- Currently have or be willing to set up a Professional Corporation.
- A solid understanding of Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Strong business acumen, entrepreneurial and driven to become a partner within the business.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with people.
- Ability to influence and suggest treatment and care plans for patients.
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Drives Results: Candidates must be used to a fast paced, busy environment and must be motivated to be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Entrepreneurial: Must be tech savvy and business minded.
- Intuition: able to “read” a patient’s non-verbal signals.
- Communicator: strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Reliable * Passionate * Good Listener * Dexterity * Integrity * Empathic * Confident * Inspiring * Problem Solver *