Regional Sales Manager Filled
Current as of: March 28, 2018
Location/City: Edmonton, Alberta
Region: Edmonton Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
We are looking a highly motivated Regional Sales Manager with a “winning attitude” to drive sales throughout Canada and the Pacific NW. This is a newly created role and is targeted towards someone that is mid-point in their career with room to grow.
The Regional Sales Manager will develop strategic plans and drive profitable sales growth with existing customers and expand distribution to targeted new accounts. This person needs to come from the retail food business and be passionate about keeping their clients engaged in their products, staying front and centre with buyers, knowing the pros and cons of expanding product lines, create and present SOP videos to be competitive in the marketplace. The Regional Sales Manager will work closely with the President and is part of the leadership team.
Founded in 1989, Crust Craft is a high-capacity bakery serving retail and food service clients across the country. They have built their reputation as an industry leader and pride themselves by getting to know their clients and their specific needs, and creating customized solutions to achieve them. Combining state-of-the-art technology with time-honoured artisanal baking techniques, their results are consistent, top-quality, cost-effective products customized to suit any client’s needs. Crust Craft is registered with the British Retail Consortium (BRC), under the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and our proud of their BRC “AA” rating.
People: Our team is united by dedication and integrity. Whether solving problems or celebrating success, we do it together!
Planet: We monitor and measure the resources it takes to produce every kilogram of dough—electricity, gas, water. Through our in-house continuous improvement initiative, we’re always looking for ways to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
Performance: We listen to our customers’ needs and respond quickly. Our solutions are customized, innovative and practical. Your success is our success!
For more information, please visit their website at www.crustcraft.com
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop strategic account plans for assigned accounts to achieve brand growth targets while staying within trade spend guidelines.
- Builds annual sales plans (product mix, shelf placement, distribution method, promotions, etc.) for assigned customers to support brand sales and profit objectives.
- Prepare, present and own the bottom-up sales planning process for assigned customers.
- Responsible for appointing and managing broker partners to align customer support activities with account sales plans.
- Generate profitable sales by selling solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline effectively, identifying the biggest and most likely opportunities in the territory and spending time accordingly.
- Build effective proposals, based on customer needs, consumer insights and the customer’s decision criteria.
- Build strong, authentic relationships with key decision makers in assigned accounts.
- Identify and develop new business development activities.
- Timely implementation of new product launches and trade promotion programs.
- Make scheduled sales presentations.
- Assists with sales forecast on assigned accounts for purchasing and operations team.
- Work directly with the Crust Craft, R&D, Quality and Marketing teams to successfully introduce new products and to execute formula and packaging improvements on existing items.
- Maintain a keen awareness of customer business environment and competitive activities and share insights with cross functional team members.
- Represent the company in a highly professional manner consistent with the Crust Craft model of making the world a better place with quality ready bake products.
- 5+ years’ experience in the retail food industry.
- Previous experience as a retail food broker an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to sell and be creative.
- Successful track record building long term customer relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including negotiation and presentation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills to handle consumer issues courteously and expeditiously.
- Understands the need for a sense of urgency and strong customer service.
- Learn the nuances of the Crust Craft business/operations and work to maximize business opportunities.
- Represent Crust Craft in a professional and credible manner.
- Patiently and tactfully deal with customers in stressful, confrontational and adverse situations.
- Act with resiliency in the relentless hunt for new sales opportunities.
- Problem solve and provide strategic solutions quickly.
- Convey passion and enthusiasm for Crust Craft and their products to influence the opinion of the customer in a positive manner.
- Use independent judgement skills and decision-making skills to resolve situations while maintaining confidentiality.
- Multi-task, manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, employees and members of the business community.
- Effectively present information to customers, management and public groups.
- Travel to tradeshows and customer visits.
Local, national and international travel up to 30%.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca