Current as of: April 24, 2019
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Specialist to join a world-class, wear parts manufacturing and distribution company based in Edmonton. Reporting in the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets ranging from brand awareness to product promotion. This includes products, services, pricing, promotions, sales, and merchandising plans that will increase sales, gross margins, and overall market share. The ideal candidate should be ready to hit the ground running as there is a lot of catch up required. Creativity and administrative duties such as, writing and creating marketing materials, will also be a huge focus of this role. This is great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career.
Black Cat Wear Parts is a global manufacturer and distributor of high quality wear parts to the construction, mining, and road maintenance industries. They operate multiple production facilities in North America and China, distributing their industry leading products worldwide. Products include items such as Grader Blades, Excavator Cutting Edges, Loader Cutting Edges, Dozer Cutting Edges and End Bits, Teeth and Adapters, Snow Plow Blades, Mining Grader Blades and numerous other complimentary wear parts for a broad range of applications.
To learn more, visit their website at: www.blackcatwearparts.com
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the sales team to develop, maintain, and execute an annual category plan.
- Create marketing material for the sales and marketing team for internal and external campaigns (i.e., such as trade shows, etc.).
- Create and prepare an inventory of all products and parts to ensure they are part of the sales and marketing campaign.
- Collect data on prices, product sales and sales campaigns, as well as marketing and distribution methods.
- Gather and analyze information on customer needs and preferences, as well as demographics and buying habits, with the goal of identifying potential markets for sales.
- Develop reports and presentations on findings, create graphics to illustrate important information and translate complex findings and materials into easy-to-understand text.
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives to appeal to target audience using appropriate channels such as email, social media and traditional media.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop creative ideas for promotional events and campaigns and liaise with third-party vendors to execute successful events.
- Develop means of measuring effectiveness of marketing and promotional campaigns, including advertising and communications strategies.
- Educate management about research findings and discuss proposals for branding and promoting products.
- Forecast and track trends in marketing and sales, monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Report on category performance including sales and margin performance, variance analysis, sales forecast, sales trends, and plans to achieve budget.
- Contribute to unit forecasting and inventory management effectiveness.
- Understand customer expectations via research, discussion with field associates, and participation in industry events (e.g. trade shows) and associations.
- Develop, administer, and report on category promotions and manage annual promotional plan for assigned category.
- Document vendor programs, product offerings, pricing, incentives, payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce with a major in Marketing or mix of related marketing experience preferred.
- Strong user of Adobe Illustrator or any additional graphic design software.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/social media etc.) and market research methods.
- Experience creating brochures and catalogues as it relates to products, promotion and pricing would be an asset.
- Ability to propose, refine and sell ideas/programs to leaders within the company.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking abilities with a focused attention to detail.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca