Manufacturing Operations Manager
Current as of: November 08, 2018
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing/Operations Manager to join a fast-paced, hands-on shop located in Edmonton. This position will be responsible for sustainably moving the organization forward by expanding operations, finding efficiencies, and seeking new opportunities to utilizes corporate resources in the most cost-effective manner to enhance shareholder value. Reporting to CEO, the Manufacturing/Operations Manager will be responsible for leading operations in four locations: three in Canada (Edmonton – head office, Calgary, Estevan) and one in Germany. The Manufacturing/Operations Manager will have full responsibility for the manufacturing operations, procurement and field service departments. The ideal candidate we are looking for will have manufacturing experience, understand the manufacturing process from start to finish, be strong with forecasting and the procurement, and have direct experience with Electrical Submersible Pumps and/or Horizontal Pumping Systems.
Canadian Advanced ESP is an engineering, manufacturing, and field service solution company providing Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP), and Horizontal Pumping Systems (HPS) to the oil and gas industry. These pumping systems provide a comprehensive portfolio of products to meet and exceed their customer’s expectations.
Canadian Advanced ESP is dedicated to offering high quality, safe and environmentally sound solutions by implementing detailed quality, safety, and environmental programs.
To learn more, visit their website at: http://www.cai-esp.com/
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily management and long-term leadership to ensure that Canadian Advanced ESP meets the customers’ needs, achieves monthly and annual business metrics/plans, and is positioned for sustainability and growth.
- Manage a production supervisor who leads shop employees and supervise a team of support professionals. Consistently follow best practices in hiring, coaching, training, performance management, salary planning, and succession planning.
- Maintain a sight-line on jobs as they enter and move through the operation, while relying on the Production Supervisor to ensure that quality, safety, cost, and schedule standards are maintained.
- Partner with and leverage insight from the sales team to stay knowledgeable and up-to-date on market conditions, and the business and operational needs of our customers.
- Collaborate as needed with engineers, sales, and operations as they develop quotations, troubleshoot mechanical challenges, and work with customers.
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers, moving from a product-driven to a service-driven approach.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy and Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
- Continuously evaluate staffing levels and skill mixes to ensure that Canadian Advanced ESP has the capacity to meet the demand for products and services.
- Develop, advocate for, and implement capital spending/improvement plans for the facility and equipment.
- Participate in strategic business planning with regional Field service leadership.
- Align individual performance goals and measures systematically, and consistently use them to drive performance.
FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES / MEASURES OF SUCCESS (KPI)
- Improve Chargeable hours and efficiency in Field service and manufacturing by 10% -within 180 Days.
- Improve quality and reduce non-conformance cost from current levels by 15% -180 Days.
- Find alternative vendors international and far east for key inventory items-240 days.
- Cross training and ensure all internal process are followed within area of responsibility-360 days.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 years’ minimum experience in a manufacturing, machining, or repair environment, of Electric Submersible Pumps (ESP) / Horizontal Pumping Systems (HPS) manufacturing environment with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. Knowledge of SAP Business One or similar ERP is advantage.
- Experience in procurement and dealing with International and Far-East vendors is an advantage.
- Strong Leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Experience with direct customer-facing roles and responsibilities. Experience in quick response center environment and/or proven experience responding to quick turnaround service level demands from customers. Ability to be flexible and creative to meet customer needs.
- Financial acumen with the ability to maintain, understands, and communicates operational and financial metrics, while using these metrics to drive performance. Must have experience managing costs.
- Strong understanding of the process flow of jobs and documents through the shop.
- A successful track record of managing people, including hiring, coaching, development, and performance management.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others, including external sales, supply chain, customer service, engineering, field services, etc.
- Proven record creating a safety culture in a manufacturing environment and maintaining high standards of safety performance.
- Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9000), API Q-1 & Lean Manufacturing concepts, and continuous improvement initiatives and tools.
- Must have a collaborative style that encourages the free flow of communication, removes obstacles, and promotes problem solving and teamwork.
- Capable of quickly establishing credibility and persuading professionals at all levels.
- Strong results orientation and a tireless work ethic with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills. Good business judgment and problem-solving skills with solid economic, industry and competitive landscape insight.
- Builds organizations that effectively adapt and develop world-class practices from inside or outside the industry to create powerful competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated capability to lead change and transformation activities, thereby generating process improvements which lead to greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a hands-on environment when necessary yet see the big picture on a global basis.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca