Director of Marketing and Communications
Current as of: January 14, 2019
Region: Western Canada
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Daryl Henry
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for leading the development and implementation of OPI’s marketing, social media, branding, and communication activities, under the guidance of the Chief Revenue Officer. The Director is also responsible for assisting with strategies for effective production and implementation of niche-based marketing efforts that enhances engagement and exposure, and that moves potential clients through the sales cycle. This role will support International markets.
For over 30 years, OPI has provided leading-edge grain management solutions to the worldwide marketplace. OPI has empowered over 25,000 farm and commercial customers in over 45 countries to effectively manage their grain in storage and prevent losses.
OPI is proud of the contributions it’s made to the agricultural industry in Canada and around the world in its 30-year history. Its ongoing commitment to advancing grain storage management has yielded numerous innovations to help farmers and agribusinesses protect and optimize the value of their stored grain assets. As a result, OPI has become the recognized world-leading supplier of grain storage management solutions—helping to secure the planet’s essential grain supply in an environmentally-friendly way through reduced energy consumption and spoilage losses.
- Manage all inbound and outbound marketing activity.
- Work with marketing consultants, ad agencies, PR consultants and media buyers to develop campaigns to support programming.
- Execute digital and traditional integrated campaigns.
- Develop the marketing strategy for new and existing products.
- Collaborate with sales to determine market needs including brochures, videos, sales presentations, dealer support materials and co-promotional initiatives.
- Work with Ad Agencies to produce materials as required.
- Represent OPI’s image in the marketplace, from hiring through to end-users.
- Create and maintain consistent corporate brand/image voice cross product lines, events, and promotional materials, and throughout company departments.
- Manage the annual overarching multi-channel marketing strategy.
- Responsible for all company interactions on social media, including responding to messages, creating messages, and uploading photos.
- Manage content development and curation.
- Apply various digital analytics and media tracking tools to generate reports on progress of work on social media.
- Develop communications and PR strategies for each territory.
- Work with industry media, publications and industry associations to keep them current and informed about OPI’s technology and activities.
- Post-secondary degree (B.Comm/Marketing) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years in a marketing leadership role.
- Agriculture background and/or agriculture sector experience is an asset.
- Experience in marketing strategy development and marketing plan development.
- Deep experience in campaign life-cycle and execution, and in working with Ad Agencies.
- Sales and event management experience required.
- Strong e-marketing/SEO/marketing automation experience.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple diverse tasks and deliverables within one or more projects
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
DARYL HENRY | | E: DHENRY@RICHARDSONSEARCH.CA | WWW.RICHARDSONSEARCH.CA