Vice President, Operations Filled
Current as of: October 25, 2018
Region: Edmonton Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
We have an excellent opportunity for a Vice President, Operations to join an award-winning real estate development and management company whose vision is to create innovative real estate communities to enhance the lives of those living and working in them every day. Their projects consist of a unique blend of retail, office, residential, multi-residential, mixed-use, and land-holdings.
Our client was established in 1979 who’s projects have positively changed the skylines and communities of Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. They offer a full range of client services to compliment their diverse asset base: from investment, asset management, and development services, to property management, leasing, and marketing. Their attention to detail and long-term thinking continue to set the foundations for their landmark projects. Today, they continue to leverage an in-depth knowledge of the Western Canadian market by taking a sustainable approach to the acquisition and development of new properties.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Vice President, Operations will be a crucial member of the Executive team, mandated to provide outstanding leadership and guidance in the achievement of all strategic and operational objectives. This role provides oversight to ensure that the company is maintaining and maximizing human capital, facilitates the development and implementation of technology and working towards implementing a set of actively-managed standards and practices that enhance quality and controls the use of information internally and externally for the company.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working under the direction of the Managing Director to plan, develop and execute the corporate internal operating and capital budgets. Manage and analyze expenses to capture a measurement model for both the Edmonton and Calgary office. This will include IT, Business Intelligence systems and document controls to support communication and work flow, establish a documented mandate with each department to support their functions in the company for referencing, measurements, forecasting and accountability;
- Develop, support and maintain secure information systems (document management systems) for all administrative functions and procedures in conjunction with each departments requirement;
- Assist in the establishment of support and development to ensure compliance of operational units short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives;
- Manage the crucial flow of direct reports to ensure a cohesive operational unit;
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to other leaders and managers toward their professional development by engaging them to take accountability for meeting corporate objectives and for their growth within their role. Intellectual property is often overlooked and want to ensure this class asset is developed;
- Conduct regular staff meetings with the various operating teams from project task management, data governance and qualifiable production to ensure that any problems are immediately addressed and retrofitted into our information systems; and
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed by the Managing Director.
QUALIFICIATIONS & CAPABILITIES
- 10-15 years’ experience in Real Estate Management, related degree;
- Advanced knowledge in finance, budget management, operations management, property management, marketing, contracts, design/construction, corporate management;
- Advanced knowledge of the Office Management and company operations required;
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills a necessity; and
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Professional leader with strong inter-personal skills;
- Flexible to organizational needs and change in business direction;
- Strong leadership, motivation and communication skills; and
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.