Chief Financial Officer
Current as of: January 22, 2019
Location/City: Chatham, ON
Region: Chatham/London Ontario
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Daryl Henry
Our client, an exciting and rapidly growing organization in the Medicinal Cannabis industry is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join its team. As the CFO you will be responsible for the leadership and overall success and development of the financial management, budgeting and risk management aspects of the organization. This role will involve strategic planning and experience in taking a private company public. A strong background and working knowledge of IFRS as well as a developed financial network (banking and investors) will be a pivotal asset to the team. The CFO will be a key member of the Executive team in the delivery of effective financial services, financial statements/ reporting, audit management, internal controls and accounting operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Communicate, engage and interact with a future Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors when required
- Prepare, present, review and analyze monthly financial results and budgeting reports
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and company’s future board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local and federal tax returns. Tax Compliance
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Risk Avoidance and calculation of Risk
- Must hold a CPA designation in Good standing
- 7-10 years of Executive Level Finance Leadership Experience
- Ideally 2-3 years as a CFO
- Excellent interpersonal skills; team player, trustworthy
- Must be a strategic thinker who is looking to join and growing and dynamic organization
- Must have previous experience with IPO, process and successful completion
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- A strong preference for a developed network in the financial sector
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Mentoring and developing a team of professionals