Chief Executive Officer Filled
Current as of: June 25, 2019
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
Chief Executive Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to champion and lead a not-for-profit organization. The CEO will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
Spinal Cord Injury Alberta provides programs and services that assist persons with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities to adjust to their changed physical capacity and manage the health complications associated with their disability, adapt to the physical and attitudinal barriers that they face as a person with a new or changing disability, and to thrive in the community fully participating in social, recreational, educational and employment opportunities. Spinal Cord Injury looks to empower persons with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities to achieve independence and full participation.
To learn more, visit their website at: http://sci-ab.ca/
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization’s activities.
- Foster effective team work between the Board and the CEO and between the CEO and staff.
- In addition to the President/Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate.
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile.
Operational and Planning Management
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its users of service, Board and Funders.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate.
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
Human Resources Planning and Management
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization’s mission.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
Program Planning and Management
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board.
- University Degree; Masters preferred.
- Savvy and connected within Government Relations.
- Well connected with the disability community would be an advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior management role.
- Ability to build, maintain and manage key stakeholder relationships with community members, industry, government and additional organizations.
- Be open to joining or currently on Boards and Committees that represent Spinal Cord Injury’s best interests.
- Strong in fund development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that are used day to day and during delicate or pressured situations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca