Chief Executive Officer Filled
Current as of: March 21, 2019
Location/City: Edmonton, Alberta
Region: Edmonton Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation (GRHF) is looking for a strategic CEO who has a strong desire to lead, champion and advance the Foundation’s internal and external priorities. The successful candidate will possess a strong passion for community and fundraising dedicated to the delivery of the vision, mission and goals of the GRHF. The CEO will have a demonstrated track record in strategic planning and change management, able to develop and communicate a vision for the future, set priorities and produce measurable long-term results. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the CEO will lead a successful fund development team, cultivate relationships with donors and partners, enhance the Foundation’s brand and reputation while building a strong internal culture. With a recently approved strategic plan and governance model, the Board is ready to champion the next CEO to take the Foundation to the next phase of its role in giving, educating and leading in rehabilitative care in Canada.
Reporting into the Board of Trustees, the CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation and all its fundraising activities, financial management, human resources, governance and strategic direction.
Located in downtown Edmonton, Alberta, the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital is the largest free-standing, tertiary rehabilitation centre in Canada. The Hospital offers services to both children and adults on an inpatient, outpatient, day-patient and outreach basis. Opened in 1964, the facility has developed an international reputation for excellence in rehabilitation. As an academic teaching hospital, the Glenrose improves the health, well-being, and abilities of our patients and offers highly specialized assessment, treatment, consultation and technology services and participates in numerous research and educative initiatives. In addition, the Hospital provides mental health and psychiatric services for children and seniors, as well as cardiac rehabilitation for adults.
Governed by a passionate and dedicated volunteer Board of Trustees and complemented by an engaged office staff, the mandate is to raise funds to support enhanced patient care, research and education at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital. The Foundation raises funds through direct donation requests from potential donors and through the implementation of many programs such as monthly giving, annual campaigns, one-time donations, planned gifts, and friend- and fund-raising events.
Vision: The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation inspires hope, restores independence and harnesses innovation to unleash human potential.
To learn more, visit their website at www.glenrosefoundation.com
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans that support the goals and objectives of the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation (GRHF).
- Work with the GRHF Board of Trustees to support the execution of the 2018-2023 strategic plan.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of GRHF’S fundraising initiatives including the Write the Future campaign, annual campaigns, major gifts and signature events.
- Provide leadership to the fund development team and manage the flow of information, expectations and results on a continual basis.
- Develop all the Foundation’s financial goals and budgets and monitor all revenue and expenditures to ensure organizational growth and sustainability.
- Collaborate with the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (GRH) & Alberta Health Services (AHS) to identify opportunities to advance new technologies, programs, and services and oversee all funding requests and subsequent funding disbursements to GRH.
- Provide positive, empowering leadership for staff to further develop and profile the Foundation’s current successful programs, signature events and current capital campaign.
- Provide strategic support to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees, various committees and all volunteers associated with the Foundation.
- Oversee Human Resources and Operational Management including staff resources, recruitment, retention and evaluation.
- Be a passionate ambassador and Foundation liaison with site stakeholders such as senior management, front line staff, physicians, as well as patients and families.
- Promote and enhance the public image of the Foundation by proactively seeking opportunities to communicate the Foundation’s key messages to stakeholders.
- Partner Focused: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong partner relationships and delivering partner centric solutions.
- Cultivate Innovation: Paying attention to what partners want and need – new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organization with a sense of urgency. Creating culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for the Foundation.
- Confident: Being comfortable with conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.
- The successful candidate will have significant years of progressive leadership experience in fund development.
- They should have a proven track record of stakeholder relations with the proven ability to build collaborations, partnerships, and relationships.
- The ability to effectively build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process and people-related organizational dynamics.
- The CEO must drive the mission, vision, values, and overall strategy of the GRHF to captivate and engage employees, stakeholders and customers to motivate them to action.
- Strong ability to attract and develop people to meet organizational goals.
- A solid understanding of Fund Development and Capital Campaigns
- Board Governance
- Strategic Planning
- Stakeholder Relations
- Financial Management & Budgeting
- Brand and Reputation
- The CEO is accountable to the Board of Trustees and the execution of the strategic and operational deliverables that are determined in partnership annually.
- The CEO is responsible for the financial results of the GRHF ensuring the revenue goals are being met through a successful and comprehensive fund development program ensuring the financial health and sustainability of the Foundation.
- Facilitate the disbursements of funds in a manner that supports the vision and mandate of GRHF.
- University degree in a related discipline.
- Significant years of professional fundraising experience; strong business development and management experience preferred.
- A proven track record of fundraising, capital campaigns and major gifts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Experience working with a governance Board of Trustees.
- Experience linking a strategic and operational plan to individual performance and operational excellence.
- Proven ability to set priorities, critical paths, and resource management.
- A strategic thinker who can function within a complex health environment that includes a variety of key stakeholders.
- Experience in financial management.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca