Bridge Manager Filled
Current as of: October 25, 2018
Region: Edmonton Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
We have an excellent opportunity for a Bridge Manager to join a growing, family-oriented foundation and construction company based in Grande Prairie. Reporting to the Director of Projects, this individual will have a demonstrated track record managing foundation, bridge and other heavy civil projects project’s effectively and be comfortable performing business activities to acquire opportunities for new work.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage project teams in the delivery of a variety of foundation, bridge and other heavy civil projects.
- Managing a variety of bridge and bridge-sized structure projects, including but not limited to bridge-sized culverts (CSP, SPCSP) for Public, Private, and Industrial.
- Provide leadership to Construction Supervisors, Quality Control Coordinators, Safety Coordinators, and Lead Operators in the safe and efficient execution of projects.
- Build and submit estimates for both temporary and permanent bridge projects. These estimates should cover and include all aspects related to the execution of the identified scope of work, following the stipulated project specifications, and adhering to all known regulations.
- Attend & conduct site visits to confirm and determine any details related to building estimates for bridge projects.
- Ensure all project billing, equipment inspections, QA/QC documentation, Inspection and Testing Plans (ITP), change orders (CCO), Request for Information (RFI), Non-conformance Reports (NCR), and safety documentation, are submitted as required.
- Issuing Conditional Construction Completion Certificates (CCCC), Construction Completion Certificates (CCC), and coordinating/issuing Traffic Accommodation Strategies (TAS).
- Responsible for project related profit/loss (P&L) and maintaining production levels as per bid.
- Manage project execution activities to achieve successful and profitable outcomes.
- Develop/create competitive estimates for submission to general contractors or owners for new awards.
- Perform business development activities to acquire opportunities for new bids.
- Maintain a courteous and professional relationship with clients. Respond to complaints promptly and carry out re-work as required to satisfy client requests and/or project quality standards.
- Notify supervisor or designated manager of all damaged equipment or material.
- Monitor productivity, promote training and cross training of all assigned workers, and promote team principles.
- Build a level of knowledge and understanding of safety knowledge, practices, scheduling techniques, trade knowledge and motivating employees.
- CET designation and registration with ASET, with civil engineering diploma or related certification; civil Engineering degree in Transportation, Water Resources, and/or Structural Design with P. Eng. registration with APEGA is not required, however, but would be an asset.
- Must be located in the Grande Prairie, AB area.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Experience with reading construction plans and bridge drawings is a definite asset.
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling and composition, as well as oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, energetic and action-oriented.
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to individually and as a team member, within a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Effectively manages a variety of projects and/or initiatives, often occurring simultaneously.
- Ability to balance work and personal requirements.
- Enjoys working in a professional office environment and is able to work outside of normal business hours, when necessary.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca