Automotive General Manager Filled
Current as of: March 21, 2019
Region: Calgary Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Daryl Henry
AUTOMOTIVE GENERAL MANAGER
Are you looking to grow your career? Our client, a large successful Western Canadian based Auto Group, is looking for an experienced General Sales Manager/General Manager to join our team. We are looking for a driven, proven, professional, career minded, individual to come on board. If you have been a successful General Sales Manager and have been working to take the next step in your career or are already a proven GM, this opportunity is for you
- Establishes the dealership’s short, medium, and long-term objectives within the Dealer Group leadership.
- Ensure the financial structure of the dealership is sound and well balanced.
- Strong focus on Sales growth and Fixed Operations.
- Achieves monthly targeted objectives.
- Continues an efficient communication system throughout the entire dealership.
- Represent the dealer group in various areas, contact with major customers, the manufacturer, the owner, the financial community, and the public.
- Plans dealership operations for the coming year and submits the plan to the senior management for approval. Strong ability to attract excellent staff and develop talent.
- Monitors the daily control of operations and recommends improved procedures, if necessary.
- Supplies senior management with reports on the dealership’s financial position.
- Works directly with all managers to ensure the financial statements are accurate.
- Regular training of sales staff on a weekly basis.
- Conducts regular management meetings to ensure that each department is functioning efficiently and profitably.
- Ensures that the manufacturer’s policies and procedures are being observed by the various departments.
- Resolves customer complaints when the department manager has not managed to find a solution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and success as a General Sales Manager/GM in the automotive industry.
- Dealership Management experience is required.
- Will be positive minded and upbeat to complement our existing management team.
- Will have an exemplary leadership style and customer service skills.
If you have a great work ethic and execute on the business plan, you can expect:
- A very strong and competitive compensation plan
- Benefits package
- Excellent bonus program
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT