Regional Vice President- Construction
Current as of: March 21, 2019
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Daryl Henry
Regional Vice President
Our growing client, a Canadian leader in the Construction Industry is seeking a Regional Vice President to oversee the entire Central Canadian Operations. As a key member of the leadership team, this role will oversee and grow the management, operations, and strategic planning of the business to ensure the overall profitability and revenue generation of the division that meets or exceeds established goals.
The Regional Vice President you will provide direction and leadership to their team to ensure effective operations, exceptional client satisfaction and long-term sustainable growth. They will be a strategic leader of people, developing an effective team by solving problems directly and promptly – holding others accountable and providing feedback, coaching and mentoring. They will engage with their corporate strategic partners to develop organizational programs that are aligned with division and company goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that regional business goals align with overall company and corporate goals;
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine project, team and division progress toward stated goals and objectives;
- Fully comprehend the history of the region’s projects. Participate in regular Project/Product Review Meetings to review project estimating, profitability, loss, timing, scope and other relevant project details;
- Drive consistency and growth in the division’s business development, contract execution, and integration processes to produce efficient and profitable results;
- Represent and promote the company throughout industry and develop strategic relationships with governmental and regulatory decision makers;
- Build and maintain relationships throughout industry at senior levels to understand the business drivers and to continually react to industry opportunities for modular construction;
- Keep abreast of market trends and regulatory changes to allow the company to properly respond to economic, policy, technological and industry changes;
- Help define and close partnerships, contracts, and negotiations;
- Assess risks related to existing and target clients, and support efforts for corrective action where required;
- Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and financial reporting;
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with internal team members, including technical services, manufacturing, project execution, construction, transportation, finance, legal, HSE, quality, marketing, ACR, BIS, supply chain, and external strategic partners and vendors;
- Actively participate in organizational and individual employee development within the region, from recruiting and hiring strategies to long-term employee success and satisfaction;
- Coach and manage direct reports, as well as identify key players for succession planning.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant area of study (Business, Engineering, or another related field);
- 15+ years of in-depth experience in related industry in an executive role;
- 10+ years in Senior Management roles in a technical, manufacturing or construction business;
- Proven track record of development and execution of business plans and strategies.
- Must have proven experience in business Integration, efficiencies and growth
- Trusted, accountable, results-driven and relentless focus in day-to-day activity, while driving toward the company’s strategic goals and objectives;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and manage varied diverse relationship types across varied geographies;
- Exemplary communication (oral and written) and presentation skills with the ability to communicate on all levels to a variety of audiences;
- Developing plans, presenting to executive and executing growth strategies that significantly grow business revenue in the region;
- Highly proficient with computer applications, including Microsoft Office;
- Superior organizational and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple competing priorities;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be flexible to travel.
- Office environment with a flexible work schedule, potentially requiring work on evenings and weekends;
- Trained, as necessary, in required safety protocols;
- This position must be available to travel regularly to various locations throughout Canada up to 50% of the time
This opportunity provides a competitive compensation package. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.