Regional General Manager
Current as of: September 06, 2017
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Joleen Droste
Regional General Manager
Are you a proven successful leader who is looking for a Senior Management role where you can truly impact the all aspects of the organization, then we have an opportunity for you!
Our client, a leader in the Electrical Construction industry, is seeking a General Manager to join their Calgary team. This role will focus on business development, operations and electrical project management. The successful candidate will have a strong electrical construction background and will be responsible for profit and loss requirements in the region, continued development of the overall business unit to ensure increased sales, profitability, market share, as well as client and employee satisfaction. Work is performed independently without direct supervision or instruction, requiring cross functional and interdepartmental interactions on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will provide leadership to the operational unit to drive the achievement of budgeted financial results by performing the following, where other applicable duties or responsibilities may be assigned from time to time:
- Assesses local market conditions to identify current and prospective sales opportunities and develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans for the branch;
- Directs all operational aspects of the branch including estimating, project management, customer service, administration and sales in a manner that supports attaining the profitability goals;
- Develops relationships with key account and prospective clients to establish and entrench our client as the service provider of choice;
- Maximizes the efficiency and productivity of field and office staff in their execution of their respective job requirements;
- Assists in the development of branch and organizational objectives and the formulation of policies and annual budget creation and adherence;
- Addresses customer and employee satisfaction concerns promptly and effectively;
- Holds periodic status meetings with Foremen and Production staff;
- Manages the Customer Feedback Survey process associated with all completed projects ensuring consistent execution;
- Communicates openly, and effectively on a consistent basis with the Controller, other branches and senior management by sharing information on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities, needs, successes, failures and OFIs;
- Determines fleet, tool and equipment requirements, and ensures the establishment and maintenance of upkeep requirements in accordance with legislation and policies.
- Ensures performance plans and reviews are conducted at least annually for all direct and indirect reports in conjunction the HR Director to recognize and promote high performers while focusing on turning-around the performance of those faltering;
- Provides training, coaching, and development opportunities to motivation each team member to sustained optimal performance;
- Actively participates in community, business and industry organizations to build a network of contacts enhancing the presence and reputation of the organization at a local level, while fulfilling the public relations role as required; the leader in this role is responsible for the direct management and supervision of the entire divisional team including Management, Project Management & Admin, Field Execution & Electricians;
- As the successful leader in this role, you will be responsible with ensuring that staff who report directly or indirectly to the role work within the established policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization. You will ensure that job specific hazards are identified and reviewed with staff, and fulfills the Health & Safety requirements for Managers and Supervisors as detailed in the organizations’ Health & Safety program.
To successfully perform and execute the requirements of this role, you must hold or exhibit the following:
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of a University Degree in Business Administration, or 5 years in a construction management role, or the equivalent of education and experience.
- You must be able to create written reports, develop policies and procedures, and provide both verbal and written reports and business correspondence to management and subordinate staff. Ability to read and interpret complex business journals. Face to face interaction with clients, contractors and subcontractors.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand and report on periodic business financial statements including Balance Sheets, and Income (P&L) Statements. Proven skills to deal with and compute fractions, percentages, costs, gross margins and gross profit, while dealing with WIP, time and material estimates and fluctuating labour rates.
- On an occasional basis you must be able to walk across uneven ground on a construction site, as well as frequently be required to sit at a desk and use a computer to enter or retrieve data and to answer or make telephone calls.
The environments include a range combination of office, shop and field work exposure with varying degrees of hazards potentially present. The office environment is typically quiet with no PPE required to the site location where protective footwear, headwear, ear protection and eye protection are necessary. In the office vs out of the office time is typically split 50/50 in this role.
This opportunity provides a very competitive compensation package. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For further information, please contact: