Executive Director Filled
Current as of: October 30, 2017
Location/City: Edmonton, Alberta
Region: Edmonton Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
ABOUT THE COMPASS CENTRE FOR SEXUAL WELLNESS
Compass Centre for Sexual Wellness is a pro-choice non-profit charitable organization that provides sexual health education and counseling services in Edmonton and surrounding communities. We empower individuals to make informed decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive well-being through education, information and supportive programs and services.
Vision: Helping Navigate Healthy Sexuality
Mission: We empower individuals to make informed decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive well-being through, education, information and supportive programs and services. This is accomplished by respecting the individual’s values, beliefs, cultural context and experiences.
To learn more, visit their website at: http://www.compasscentre.ca/home
Compass Centre for Sexual Wellness is looking for a dynamic individual with strong leadership and management skills with a minimum of five years’ of progressive experience with a non-profit organization.
- Leadership and management of Compass Centre as outlined by the strategic direction and policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Develop operational systems and processes that will support organizational effectiveness, achievement of organizational outcomes, and the delivery of programs and services.
- Lead and hold staff accountable for implementing the vision and direction of the Board of Directors.
- Establish controls, policies, processes and systems to ensure responsible and ethical management of human resources, finances and assets and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Works with the Board (Treasurer/Financial Committee) to prepare a comprehensive annual budget, and in collaboration with the Board ensures there is secure funding for the organization on an annual basis.
- Provides appropriate information and reports to the Board ensuring accountability to board, community and funders.
- Researches funding sources, and prepares funding proposals and works with the Board in the development of a comprehensive fundraising strategy to ensure financial sustainability.
- Serves as the primary contact and liaison with funders, community partners and aligned agencies.
- Identifies current and emerging issues and work with the Board to address any issues that may impact Compass Centre
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Executive Director works from a sex positive perspective and promotes healthy sexuality throughout the lifespan. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated background and experience in the following six major competency areas required of an Executive Director:
- Self-Awareness and Development: Is self-aware of one’s own leadership skills and capacity and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Big Picture Thinking: Able to see beyond the current situation and create a common vision and direction for the organization with a focus on the future. The ability to identify and apply creative solutions to issues and challenges.
- Strategic Thinking: Able to manage change through systems perspective, decision making, and critical thinking.
- Relationship Building: Strength in community engagement, collaboration and team development, communication and commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Management and Governance: Includes: Financial and risk management, fund development, commitment to service quality, and staff and board relations
- Outcomes Focus: Evaluating and reporting on organizational, operational, and program effectiveness and efficiencies, and development of implementation strategies to achieve Compass Centre for Sexual Wellness outcomes.
- Post-secondary education in nonprofit management, social work, business or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has experience leading a team with diverse backgrounds and roles.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic planning, governance and policy development
- Demonstrated knowledge of outcomes-focused program management and evaluation, project management, including project planning and results-based management
- Excellent oral and written proficiency of the English language
- Excellent community development and stakeholder engagement skills and knowledge.
- Strong financial management and budgeting experience
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and is results oriented
- Experience with resource attainment, proposal and grant development, marketing and social enterprise and fundraising will be an asset
- Experience working within the sexual health and wellness, and related sectors will be an asset. Sandy.firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca