Chief Financial Officer
Current as of: September 27, 2018
Region: Edmonton Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and highly capable Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join a leading real estate, land development and property management company based in Edmonton. The CFO will be a key member of the Executive Management team and will report into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
THE TYPE OF CANDIDATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate we are looking for will:
- Someone that has held a previous role as a CFO.
- Experience dealing with MD&A and going through an IPP and taking a company public.
- Public company reporting for Canadian and US GAAP on TSX and NYS.
- Industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development, property management, and/ or construction industry.
- Real estate/property management and land development industry experience a must.
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Office, Excel and Yardi would be an asset.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca