Account Executive Filled
Current as of: September 15, 2017
Location/City: Edmonton, Alberta
Region: Edmonton Area
Employer: Richardson Executive Search
Recruiter Name: Sandy Jacobson
This position reports to the Senior Director, Business Development & Innovation and plays a key role representing the Alberta Municipal Service Corporation’s (AMSC) portfolio of services to existing and new customers with the objectives of client relationship management, account retention, and revenue/client growth. This is achieved through developing strong client relationships, resolving issues, and identifying opportunities where AMSC services can provide key benefits to the membership. This position is part of a team that works with cross-functional work
teams of senior professionals who manage service delivery for the respective AMSC lines of business. The successful candidate must be able to understand the political and technical nuances as well as the cadence of the public sector business development. Leveraging the expertise of a highly qualified team of professionals, the Account Executive will craft outcomes-based solutions that jointly benefit the AUMA membership and the AUMA bottom line.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Commerce or a related field.
- MBA or an advanced degree considered an asset.
- Current holder of any of the following industry licenses considered an asset:
- Life License Qualification Program (LLQP).
- Life Insurance License and A&S License.
- General Insurance License.
- Or willingness to attain industry licenses within 6 months of hire.
- Other related industry professional designations.
- A minimum 5 years of sales and customer relations experience with a proven track record.
- Experience in a municipal, association, or nonprofit field is preferred.Experience and expertise in at least one of AMSC business portfolios required (risk management, general insurance, electricity & natural gas, pensions, or employee benefits).
- Proven track record in consultative selling and customer relationship management.
- Significant experience in account management with a demonstrated ability to actively track existing customers, manage on-going communications, keep account information up to date, and effectively utilize resources in support of customer requirements.
- Public speaking experience with both large and small groups.
Skills and Attributes:
- Superior consultative sales skills.
- Ability to promote services to clients in a compelling and persuasive manner.
- Thrives on pressure and has a sense of urgency in completing initiatives
- Highly organized team player with positive “can do” attitude.
- The ability to build effective relationships with staff, vendors, and clients, particularly in the municipal sector and municipally related organizations.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision, assume initiative, comply with deadlines, and to work concurrently on a variety of tasks.
- Exemplary oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Highly competent in computer systems (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates strong ethical principles.
- Driver’s license and vehicle required for some travel.
- Understand, maintain, and service the existing account base.
- Work with the Directors of each service area to identify areas of growth within the existing base and deliver services that address the gaps.
- Lead projects and work closely with cross functional teams who manage service delivery for various lines of business including: General Insurance Risk Management; Employee Group Benefits; Natural Gas and Electricity Aggregation; Retirement Services.
- Identify new service/customer opportunities, in collaboration with the team, and grow the compliment of services as well as the customer base.
- Act as the organizational lead in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), product inquiries as well as direct and assist in generating sales opportunities and product proposals.
- Provide input into the annual strategic planning and budgeting process including development of an annual sales plan.
- Manage and update the AMSC customer relationship strategy and sales plan including sales targets and KPI’s.
- Represent the AMSC at events, tradeshows, and conferences to develop customer relations, build awareness of AMSC service offerings and meet or exceed annual revenue requirements.
- Have a presence at AUMA/AMSC key seminars, workshops or lecture presentations for AUMA/AMSC.
- Deliver formal presentations to various customer groups including councils, senior administration, stakeholders groups and Boards.
- Assist the marketing area through identifying trade show and event opportunities and sales support materials.
- Work cohesively with service areas and Directors to ensure a strategic approach is maintained.
- Provide professional client service while managing concerns from initial report through to resolution.
- Support the balance between Advocacy and AMSC and understand how they are inter-related in the AUMA/AMSC environment.
- Use market intelligence and client perspectives for strategic and tactical planning.
- Manage costs to acquire and achieve sales targets efficiently.
- Draft external and internal communications including briefing notes, communiques, and Request for Decisions (RFDs).
- Create and manage a comprehensive and accurate reporting system that ensures that the executive management team is kept fully informed of the sales status of all clients.
- Provide regular sales reports for various internal team meetings and to executive management.
- Continually refine and analyze KPI’s, sales information, and other metrics to measure business trends and client satisfaction across a range of services.
- This position requires regular travel throughout Alberta and occasionally beyond, approximately 40% of the time some of which is overnight. This is largely scheduled and known well in advance.
- Willing to work variable hours.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but wish to advise that only those that not yet applied, and whom will be selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please contact: